The Code of Conduct is the manner in which all educators and staff manage themselves, their services and the overall service in Pelican.
At all times, we embrace the 'PELICAN' Code of Conduct, as below:
- Professional and ethnical conduct, in a manner which builds relationships within the service, for the benefit of children, families, educators, staff and members of the community.
- Educational, safe, well-equipped, play-based learning environment where all children can experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
- Learning outcomes reflective of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), and which guide our everyday practices and curriculum.
- Inclusive, collaborative and respective partnerships with children, families, educators, staff, other services and child care professionals, regulatory authorities and the broader community.
- Contribute to the development of positive community attitudes towards the children's services and educational professionals by fulfilling our responsibilities to the communities in which we serve.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development, critical reflection, knowledge sharing, information exchange, our quality improvement plan, our service policies and procedures and every child's learning.
- Nurturing our children, supporting and scaffolding their senses and understanding of their rights to Belonging, Being and Becoming an active participant in their world.